Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas Eve Morning, 2007

Emi,

I sit here watching you play with your blocks and your stacking cups. Two of your favorite toys right now. We are in our library, listening to Christmas music. You love music and dancing, anytime you hear music you start bopping around, your face just lights up and you look for either daddy or me. I am not sure why, are you wanting to share your joy of the music? Are you making sure we are still here? Are you seeing if maybe we also share your love of music? Every time I see your little face light with happiness in the music, my heart sings with joy. I love seeing you enjoy some of the simple pleasures in life, that we can share with you.

My Christmas wish this year for you, my beautiful baby girl, is simply, happiness. I strive each day to make you happy, to see your little face light up. You are my light, and you have been my Christmas wish for many, many years.

Many will tell you, that you are lucky. That's not it at all. YOU made me lucky. Lucky to be your mama.

Thank you, sweet Emi. Mama loves you more than she can ever tell you.

No comments: